What is Forester And what is the Job role of a Forester?
A forester is a person who practices forestry, the science, art, and profession of managing forests. Foresters engage in a broad range of activities including ecological restoration and management of protected areas. Foresters manage forests to provide a variety of objectives including direct extraction of raw material, outdoor recreation, conservation, hunting and aesthetics. Emerging management practices include managing forestlands for biodiversity, carbon sequestration and air quality.
What is Forester And what is the Job role of a Forest Guard?
Forest guard or you can call them forest rangers .They help in protecting the forest from getting chop down ,chopping down timbers etc.They mainly help in providing the specific environment to the forest animals (as per growing development and population there might be a day when you won’t see single trees left around).
Selection Process for the 144 posts of Forester And 812 Forest Guard posts In Forest Department Of Assam
There will be two tests for recruitment of all the posts
(i) First Phase Test and ( ii)Second Phase Test.
Candidates whose applications are found correct in all respects will be called for First phase Test which will be conducted at any convenient venue(s) depending upon the number of candidates. The candidates will have to appear for the First Phase Test at the venue mentioned in his/her call letter. However, the Chairman, SLPRB, Assam reserves the right to change the venue (s) of the test as necessitated and no representation etc. will be entertained in this regard. Before entering the test in the venue (s) for first phase test, biometrics of each candidate will be done.
THE TESTS FOR RECRUITMENT:
FORESTER-I & FOREST GUARDS:
- On arrival, the Admit Card / Call Letter of the candidates will be verified and then the candidates will be asked to appear in the Physical Standard Test (PST). The PST will carry no marks.
- Measurement of the height, weight and chest (only for Males) of the candidates will be taken after which the candidate will be inspected by a medical officer for preliminary checkup like knocked knee, vision test, colour blindness test, flat foot, varicose vein, physical deformities etc.
- Varicose vein shall be considered a temporary disqualification.
- Once a candidate clears the PST, he/she will have to appear in the first phase test.
First Phase Test:
The First Phase Test for Forester-I & Forest Guards will be the Physical Fitness Test comprising of 26 KMs (for Males) and 16 KMs (for Females) walk to be covered within 4 (four) hours . Modern technology will be used for recording the time taken by the candidates to complete the walk.
Second Phase Test:
- The Second Phase Test for Forester-I & Forest Guards will be a Written Test.
- After completion of the Physical Fitness Test a merit list will be prepared for each category (Un-reserved, OBC/MOBC,SC,ST(P),ST(H), and EWS ) for both males and females ) on the basis of time taken for completion of the 26 KMs/ 16 KMs walk.
- Candidates will be called for Written Test in order of merit at the rate of 5 (five) times the number of posts allotted in respect of each category. Candidates taking lesser time to complete the 26/16 KMs walk will be placed higher in the merit.
- If the total number of qualifying candidates turn out to be less than 5 (five) times the number of posts, all qualifying candidates but no other will be called for Written Test.
- If there are candidates having recorded the same timing in completion of the walk as the last candidate selected
for Written Test, the candidate having recorded the same timing will also be called for Written Test and therefore, the number may exceed the 5 (five) times formula to the extent for that particular case and category.
- The duration of the Written Test will be of 3 (three) hours for the posts of Forester-I and 2
(two) hours for the post of Forest Guards on the subjects as given below.
- For the post of Forester, the Test will be of 100 marks with 100 questions
- For the post of Forest Guards, the Test will be of 75 marks with 75 questions
- Both the test are completely OMR based.
- Each question will be of 1 (one) mark.
- There will be negative marking of 1/2 mark for each wrong answer.
- The candidates will use black ball pen to answer the OMR based answer sheet.
- There will be a separate question paper for Forester-I and Forest Guards.
Syllabus For Forester and Forest Guards posts In Forest Department Assam
i) General Mathematics.
ii) English & Vernacular (Grammar & Comprehension & Composition)
iii) Logical Reasoning and Aptitude
iv)Assam’s History, Geography, Polity & Economy
v) General awareness/General knowledge and Current affairs
Topics to be Covered For General Mathematics:
|Ratio and Proportion|
|Time, Speed and Distance|
|Geometry and Mensuration|
|Permutation and Combination|
|Surd and Indices|
|Profit and Loss|
|Simple and Compound Interest|
|Time and Work|
|Pipes and Cisterns|
|Boats and Streams|
|Mixture and Allegation|
Topics to be covered For English Section:
|Parts of Speech|
|Singular & Plural|
|Fill in the blanks|
|Para – Jumbles|
|Voice Change – Active and Passive Voice|
|Articles – A, An, The|
|Narration – Direct and Indirect Speech|
|Phrases and Idioms|
|Sentence Correction/Spotting Errors|
|One Word Substitution|
|Comprehension Test etc.|
Topics to be covered For Logical Reasoning And Aptitude Section:
|Problems on Figural Pattern|
|Statements and Arguments|
|Statements and Assumptions|
|Coding and Decoding|
|Distance and Directions|
|Statements and Conclusions|
|Assertion and Reasoning|
|Seating Arrangements (Circular and Linear)|
|Blood Relations etc.|
Topics to be covered For Assam’s History, Geography, Polity & Economy General awareness/General knowledge and Current affairs:
|Science, Technology and Research|
|Awards & Honours|
|Indian History & Assam History. etc|
Visit Our Important Books for preparation of Assam Government exams Section to prepare for the written test.